GiftsDirect.com is a well established E-business company and is the market leader in its sector. Having migrated most of its business online, the company is experiencing excellent growth, and has recently launched a major expansion drive internationally to build on its successful business both in Ireland and overseas.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Web Developer to work in an award winning dynamic Irish eCommerce company (Best Online Exporter, Best e-Business Website shortlist, Internet Entrepreneur 2007). GiftsDirect.com is Irelands largest Online Gift Company delivering Gifts Worldwide.
A flair for driving best-of-breed customer experience and a proven ability to communicate effectively with varied stakeholders (internal business owners, external vendors, senior management) are essential for the role.
- Proven PHP5 experience developed on the Zend Framework
- Minimum 3 years experience developing mission-critical, web sites with exposure to the full web development lifecycle, ideally this would include ecommerce and cart experience
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to work in tandem with third party vendors to deliver solutions to business requirements
- Experience with object oriented programming (OO PHP5 preferred), UML / design patterns and a passion for conformance to web development processes and standards while maintaining an unflinching consumer focus
- Experience of all aspects of web testing including functionality, usability, performance / scalability, interface, security and A/B testing
- Must be able to work on your own initiative, demonstrating excellent presentation and communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
Experience of the following would be advantageous
- Exposure to open source e-commerce platforms such as Magento
- Experience with Content Management systems (e.g. Joomla, Drupal)
- Design techniques (e.g. context sensitive navigation, specialised controls, etc.)
- Site optimisation for mobile platforms
- Exposure to SSL/Secure Servers
- SEO implementation
No Agencies Please