Discovery Kitesurfing Course for 1 in County Wexford
Discover Kiteboarding and elevate your water sports experience!
The IKO Kiteboarding programs are designed to help you learn in a safe way. Your IKO instructor will respect your rythm and take you through all the steps to reach your goals.
During this lesson you will learn:
- Know safe wind directions and conditions for kiting
- Know hazards on a spot
- Set up a trainer kite
- Know the use of safety systems
- Have basic flying skills with trainer kite
- Launch and land the trainer kite with an assistant
- Twist and untwist the lines while flying the kite
- Walk and change directions while flying the kite, know the wind window
- Pre- flight check equipment and settings
- In flight check equipment and settings. Understand and use the international communication signals
- Launch and land the kite to an assistant and as an assistant (4/5-line de-power kite)
- Control the kite hooked into the harness
- Understand the de-power system and can use the safety systems
- Advanced flying skills with the de-power kite
- Show full control of de-power systems in flight
- First body drag downwind
- Pull quick release and activate leash
- Recover the bar and kite
- Self land
Please note that this product is excluded from all promotional codes.
All Equipment is provided for your lesson including the latest 2012 kites, boards, harnesses and wetsuits.
3 hours land and water based course
Duncannon Beach or Rosslare Strand Co. Wexford